THE NEAL LAW FIRM Oneonta, AL. 205-625-6900


Ten Tips for Going Thru a Divorce

Posted by on May 17, 2013 at 11:20 AM

Ten Tips for Going Thru a Divorce

The following are some tips and best practices for working with your divorce or family law attorney. The following is NOT, nor is it meant to be legal advice. These are general guidelines that will give you a higher liklihood of reaching the best possible outcome with your family law case. If you have questions about your particular situation, it is always best to communicate directly with your family law attorney.

Always abide by all Court orders.

Make all payments of debts timely as ordered by the family law court.

If you are ordered to make spousal maintenance or child support payments, pay promptly as ordered. If you genuinely are unable to do so, advise your spouse and call your family law attorney immediately. Do not take it upon yourself to change the Family Court order.

If a change of circumstances occurs such as layoff, loss of job or a substantial reduction in pay, an accident, medical emergency, etc., advise your spouse and also contact your family law attorney as they must be informed of the problems in order to properly advise you.

Do not quarrel or argue with your spouse although constructive discussion of problems is healthy.

If you believe there is a chance for reconciliation or if there is an agreement between the two of you to attempt reconciliation, contact your attorney immediately so that he or she may secure a Court order suspending the divorce for a period of time up to 90 days. If the 90 days suspension is used, the divorce will either be dismissed or continued without prejudice to either party. Please note that a divorce may be dismissed at any time.

For a number of reasons, take care with whom you discuss marital problems other than your divorce attorney no matter how inquisitive they may be. Generally they will be without sufficient legal knowledge to properly advise you. Secondly, what you say may be misconstrued, get back to your spouse, and create more difficulties.

Be sure to advise your family law attorney and the Court of any address changes. Your attorney also needs to be aware of phone number changes or employment changes. When communicating with the Courthouse, use your case number.

If you have questions about your divorce, custody or modification process, write them down and call your family law attorney. Do not rely on advice from family or friends as only your attorney can give you sound legal advice.

Stay in close communication with your family lawyer as issues arise and things change. It is important that your lawyer be advised of things that may seem very personal, such as a pregnancy, new relationship or financial changes. While not always, these issues sometimes impact the process of the family law court, as well as the settlement of the marital issues.

These tips were compiled by the Neal Law Firm who handles Divorce and Famly law. We are serving the Blount County and North Alabama. If you have questions about your divorce or family law case, you should contact your attorney. If you are facing a divorce or family law issue and do not currently have legal representation, call Attorney Brandon Neal for a free initial consultation regarding your family law case in our offices in Oneonta, AL.


Categories: None

Post a Comment


Oops, you forgot something.


The words you entered did not match the given text. Please try again.

Already a member? Sign In


Reply Jessi
12:58 PM on September 21, 2017 
Great write on 10 tips to handle divorce, but it;s ever that easy.Divorce is one of the most emotional and disruptive experiences most people will ever go through.It is important to have an experienced and compassionate attorney by your side, one who understands your concerns and is prepared to help you pursue the best possible outcome.May I suggest, The Smith & Eulo Law Firm and the are constantly working to provide you the highest quality legal representation, and consistently striving to become known as your ?go-to? law firm when legal needs arise. You may call them for free consultation at:(407) 930-8912
Or simply follow the links below:
Reply kate Welling
3:31 PM on September 22, 2017 
My husband and I have decided to get a divorce. As this is a new situation I have never been in I agree with your tip about taking care in who I confide the status of my divorce with as it is very emotional and personal. I will be sure to stay connected and communicate with those who I do share the upcoming events with so I can have the continued support that I will need.
Reply legalconclave
8:17 AM on September 25, 2017 
Hi, friends
These are a nice article for people. We have also started one new website. This is an online open marketplace for family law lawyers and legal services all over in India.
Reply Sammy
8:11 PM on September 29, 2017 
I think that you are right on the money when it comes to not quarreling or arguing. To people can discuss a matter without escalation. I guess practice makes perfect though.
Reply Rose
11:14 PM on November 26, 2017 
My boyfriend left me for another girl. I needed him back desperately because i loved him so much. I became very worried and needed help. as i was browsing through the internet, I came across a website that suggested that Dr.Ebuka can help get ex back fast and stop a divorce or breakup and so on , So I felt I should give him a try. I contacted him and he told me what to do and i did it then he did a (return Love spell) for me. 28 hours later, my boyfriend came back to me crying and begging for my forgiveness. Today I'm so happy and i want to recommend this great spell caster to anyone that truly needs an urgent solution to his or her broken relationships and marriage. Simply contact the great "Dr.Ebuka" If you have any problem contact him and i guarantee you that he will help you., Thank you Dr Ebuka for saving my broken relationships and brought my boyfriend back to me!" email him at: ,you can also call him or add him on Whats-app: +13103599685 ....
Reply Derek Dewitt
8:58 AM on December 11, 2017 
My wife and I haven't been on good terms lately, and are probably going to file for a divorce soon. I like that you suggest making all your payments of debts timely as ordered by the court. I can see how taking care of any financial problems now will save us a lot of hassle trying to figure it our once separated. Thanks for the tips.
Reply Deb Pearl
8:10 AM on January 9, 2018 
Thank you for all the tips about going through a divorce. My friend is trying to file for divorce and these are great tips for her. I liked your tip about not quarreling or arguing with your spouse. I think that would help a lot of they could talk to each other without arguing.
Reply Steven Linda
12:16 PM on January 19, 2018 
My name is Steven Linda from Scotland, i want to testify about a great spell caster that help me cast a spell that bring my husband back to me without any delay. I broke up with him with just little misunderstanding hoping we will get back shortly,but things was growing worse until i contacted Dr.Manbela who help me with his historical powers to bring him back, i have never believed in a spell caster until i come across him, it will be of great sin if i should go out from here without dropping the contact of this great spell caster, in case you need the help of this great spell caster you can contact him through his email: once you contact him all your problems will be over ,once again i say very big thanks to you sir for helping me to recover my husband back, and please sir keep your good work because people need your help and in their lives ,once more thank you Dr Manbela

Have a good day.

contact him via; or through his whatsapp number+2348112060023
Reply jenefer luis
9:44 AM on August 31, 2018 
After being in relationship with Wilson for six years,he broke up with me, I did everything possible to bring him back but all was in vain, I wanted him back so much because of the love I have for him, I begged him with everything, I made promises but he refused. I explained my problem to someone online and she suggested that I should contact a spell caster that could help me cast a spell to bring him back but I am the type that don't believed in spell, I had no choice than to try it, I meant a spell caster called Dr kabba and I email him, and he told me there was no problem that everything will be okay before three days, that my ex will return to me before three days, he cast the spell and surprisingly in the second day, it was around 4pm. My ex called me, I was so surprised, I answered the call and all he said was that he was so sorry for everything that happened, that he wanted me to return to him, that he loves me so much. I was so happy and went to him, that was how we started living together happily again. Since then, I have made promise that anybody I know that have a relationship problem, I would be of help to such person by referring him or her to the only real and powerful spell caster who helped me with my own problem and who is different from all the fake ones out there. Anybody could need the help of the spell caster, his email: or call him +2347059073543 you can email him if you need his assistance in your relationship or anything. CONTACT HIM NOW FOR SOLUTION TO ALL YOUR PROBLEMS'